Monday, June 01, 2009

Why Sony Sucks


This was taken with my Sony Cybershot. My FORMER Sony Cybershot. It's now been replaced with a Kodak Easyshare.

Pretty obvious why it was replaced, huh?

I must have studied the manual for hours, and I searched online for troubleshooting advice. But no matter what I did I couldn't get the picture to clear. I swear I didn't drop it, it wasn't exposed to extreme temperatures, nor did it get wet. I'm really disappointed. It was a SONY.

On the other hand, like Carl said, Sony isn't exactly known for cameras.

Dad was a Sony man. I remember he bought a portable radio in the late 60s. It had great sound and a clever design that incorporated an antenna into a carrying handle. When Deux and I cleaned out his house after he died, he still had many Sony products in his house. So I figured that a Sony camera was a sure bet.

In addition, the Kodak is much more user-friendly and has a bigger screen. I never could get the hang of all the "modes" on the Sony camera. I am not a photographer. And really, all I want to do is to point and shoot, not fuss with settings.

The Kodak fits the bill nicely. So long, Sony.

(BTW, that's Tigger.)

No comments: